Lapghan

I know I'm not the only one out there. I hate sewing squares together. I have tried to buckle down and do it, and given up, and donated the squares to a loving home to be assembled and actually used. But, I really like the look of some afghans and other items made from motifs.

So, I grit my teeth in determination, and happily began crochet 8 inch squares made in the "Arches" pattern.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Then, I decided to give the flat-braid joining method a try. I figured it had to be more enjoyable than sewing.

And indeed it was more enjoyable. I actually finished a small lapghan put together with squares.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So now that I know I can do it, I am putting a full queen-size throw on my "works I would like to make someday" list. Which has approximately eleventy bajillion projects on it. But then, what crocheter doesn't have a wish list that long?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hobo-style bag

Spiderweb Cardigan

Drops of Rose Necklace